Muthig Industries - Quality Policy
Located in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, Muthig Industries Inc. recognizes that the disciplines of quality, health, safety and environmental management are an integral part of its management function. Muthig Industries and its employees view these as a primary responsibility, and the key to good business in adopting appropriate quality standards.
Our quality assurance department is fully ISO 9001:2008 certified. With the use of our rigid inspection program and strict adherence to our formally documented quality control procedures, you can be assured that your parts will be manufactured to your specifications each time we produce them.
Muthig Industries utilizes the FaroArm Platinum measurement and imaging solutions. With temperature and overload sensors, Bluetooth cable-free operation capabilities, internal counterbalancing, and multiprobe capability; this technology allows us to inspect, reverse engineer, and analyze parts and fixtures with incredible precision. The FaroArm Platinum technology gives us the following capabilities:
- The Platinum FaroArm can easily be mounted for easy adaptability. It provides us with that "measure-where-you-make-it" capability geared to increase productivity without compromising quality.
- The FaroArm is a great compliment to our CMM. We can easily set it up, wherever it is needed in the shop. The 8ft Platinum Faro Arm's 0.001" inspection accuracy allows us to inspect, reverse engineer or perform CAD to part comparison on parts, fixtures and assemblies with precision.
- The adaptable 3-D measurement technology is ideal for forming, fabrication, and assemblies. GD&T and SPC output are two reporting measures that we are able to provide.
Muthig Industries utilizes LaserQC technology at our Fond du Lac, WI facility to ensure quality and reliability for our clients. The LaserQC is able to measure a flat blank as large as 60"x90".
- First Article Inspection; we are able to inspect your flat parts on the spot, completing a 100% scan in just seconds and comparing every measurement to your CAD drawing. By having the laser operator perform the inspection it helps eliminate the QC bottlenecks.
- SPC and Quality Reporting; the system automatically creates detailed, printed inspection reports and data files that can be provided to our customers upon request.
- Reverse Engineering; we are able to take an existing part that does not have a CAD file scan the complete profile using the LaserQC and store the data in a CAD compatible .dxf file. This eliminates the need for time consuming hand measurements and CAD programming.
Key Features of Muthig's Quality System
-Full ISO 9001:2008 certification
-On-Site LaserQC Inspection Technology
-First part inspection and routine quality checks throughout the process
-Full traceability of all materials and processes throughout each phase of the process
-PPAP's (Production Part Approval Process) provided to customers upon request
Our reputation rests on the quality of the parts we manufacture at our Fond du Lac, WI facility. The on-site LaserQC Inspection technology at Muthig Industries allows us the capabilities to perform first article inspections, SPC and quality reporting and Reverse Engineering. Typically, one has to choose between speed and accuracy. Not so at Muthig Industries. The LaserQC Inspection technology captures over 500 data points/second, performing 100% accurate inspections to roughly .05 millimeters. The LaserQC gives Muthig Industries the ability to produce quality products for our clients in Wisconsin and throughout the Midwest, quickly and effectively.
The purpose of a PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) is to ensure that suppliers of components comply with the design specification and can run consistently without affecting the customer's line and improving quality systems.
At Muthig Industries we stress quality from engineering to shipping. We train our employees to be quality conscious with all parts they produce. It is our goal to deliver a "Zero Defect" product, and one of our ways to do this is by making quality checks throughout the production run. Muthig Industries has a complete inspection room with industry standard gauges as well as a Wenzel Xorbit 55 CMM and an Optical Comparator. In using our well defined measuring and testing equipment, our trained operators ensure that all of the needs of our customers will be met with each order that we produce. We strive to ensure your products are meeting your highest standards.
We follow each production run throughout the entire process, including subcontract and outside specialty services, to assure you that your parts will meet even the tightest of specifications. At Muthig Industries continuous improvement is always a significant priority and we are constantly striving to improve.
In all stages of the manufacturing process, there is a human element involved. This helps our team become an extension of your company, not just a vendor. At Muthig Industries we strongly believe in doing business with a great deal of personal communication.
We maintain full traceability, from raw materials to the final shipment. We use custom gauges and fixtures for in-process checks at workstations. As the need arises, we design quality processes to meet customers' specific needs.
- Full-part traceability
- Custom gauging and fixtures
- Documented control plans
- In-process inspection report/process flow chart
- Quality process designed to meet customer specific requirements
- Automatic and Manual CMM capabilities
- Perform statistical analysis and studies
- Reverse Engineering Capabilities
- Rigid inspection program
- Preferred or Certified Supplier to several customers including Mercury Marine